I think I would say that at least 75% of the times that I've been to the girl's Waldorf school I have seen one or more students climbing trees. It is encouraged. It is thought it teaches agility, thought, body control, mind & body coordination, enhances sense of touch, and probably many, many other things that I don't know about. Paige witnessed a kindergartner doing this in the early childhood play yard when we were there last week. She tried and tried to do it too, but just wasn't tall enough. There is a great tree at a local park and she was so excited that she could climb it. We then came home and she practiced and practiced trying to climb our own tree and finally succeeded with a bit of help from Auntie. Today, that was all she did, climb that tree. She has several bumps, bruises and scrapes, but what is childhood without those...and some good, plain fun from climbing a tree?
| tree at home |
No comments:
Post a Comment