Since Paige isn't burdened with the rigors of kindergarten this year, we thought it would be a good time to introduce music to her to "activate" the music part of her brain, which we know can lead to so many other positive things in learning. I found a class through the City that I thought I would try that taught piano. BUT THEN! I received a note from school offering piano lessons at school taught by the school's music teacher who has her Masters in music and has been teaching since 1986. And they were a reasonable price. I was so excited about the coincidence and the convenience!
Paige started on Wednesday and said that, "Mrs. Pearce could teach her anything she wanted." Which I took as she really liked her. Then when Brian got home she was really excited to show him her "music book." After dinner Paige and Hailey got out their instruments and laid the book out to play music. I think something was struck! While I have very low expectations and simply want her to be exposed to music and the thought it includes, I'm excited that her first experience was fun and good. I hope it stays that way.
| Paige's 1st "Music Book" |
| Playing music with book open |
No comments:
Post a Comment