Friday, September 13, 2013

Play time

 
These are just some pictures of the girls playing the last two weeks.  They are doing so great and being able to play by themselves now.  I am getting so many things done while they play so nice.  From emptying the dishwasher to laundry to actually putting together two scrapbook pages while they were outside.  It's nice and I'm so happy I spent the time with them when they were little teaching them or allowing them to  just "play" because they can do it for themselves now.  Their imaginations are wild. 
 
Rediscovering the sandbox now that the weather is cooling down.

While preparing dinner, Hailey thought the
broccoli looked like an ice cream cone.

Coloring so nicely

They asked to go puddle jumping since it was raining. 
This is the "puddle" they chose.  Hmmmm.
They played with homemade playdough for about an hour and half.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post- makes me feel less guilty! Aaron is great playing by himself (Nate still not so much). But I'm trying to allow him to do that, to teach him that it's ok to be by yourself for a while. It's nice to get things done, but I find myself feeling guilty sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing what they will learn and discover on their own. Plus it lets their own imagination work and thinking to begin when I step away and allow them to just play. :) No guilt at all!

      Delete