Sunday, March 11, 2012

'Learning Work'

The weekends are different from our normal weekday routine because we have Brian home.  I like to spend time with him or get out to run errands.  So we don't do much 'learning work' as I call it.  However, I was able to sneak in some flash cards with both girls this morning.  The flash card have animals and letters on them.  I ask Hailey what animal it is to help expand her vocabulary and I ask Paige what sound the letter makes.  It's great.  Then this afternoon Paige started playing with shapes and colors and started grouping toys by color.  However, we went into detail about why they were grouped, what was different and the same about the groups, etc.  She really enjoyed it and we eventually started running out of toys to pull off the shelves to "group."  So despite it being a weekend, we got in a bit of 'learning work.'
Paige's "groups"

No comments:

Post a Comment