Monday, June 4, 2012

Swim Lessons 2012

I signed the girls up for swim lessons this session through the City.  I got Paige into her class, but we're still on the wait list for Hailey's class called "Parent/Toddler".  So Hailey and I waited for Paige at the pool while Paige had her lesson.  I put Paige in the highest level I could for her age 3-6 yo.  It's called the "Duck" level.  However, she is waaaaayyy too advanced for it.  She already dives into the deep end of the pool, swims underwater, blows bubbles, dives underwater for dive rings and can swim the length of our pool by herself.  But, I put her in the class to learn to take directions from a teacher and to be around other kiddos.  She did well, but instead of scooting off the side of the wall into the pool, she cannonballed, instead of taking a few strides to the teacher from the wall she breast stroked to her, and then swam back to the wall underwater.   She's definitely advanced for the class.  The manager of the pool let me put her in the next level for 4-9 yo called "Seahorses" for the next session.  I'm thinking she'll like that much better.  But for now, she's a Duck and hopefully we can get Hailey in the class next session too! 

Before lessons started
Paige listening to the teacher holding on the the wall. 
BORING!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, Paige is so amazing. That is such a great safety thing too that she can swim so well. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete