Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Waldorf Tour

We toured the local Waldorf school today.  It is an amazing campus.  12 acres of beautiful gardens, farm, pond, barns, playgrounds and classrooms.  The preschool and kindergarten classes are beautiful and are a straw construction so the ambiance was really neat with all the natural wood items in them.  The girls went right to playing with the blocks and the kitchen when we entered.  They both loved sitting on the round rug too.  I'm really excited to be part of the playgroup they offer once a week with both girls.  I think they are going to love it and really learn to use their imaginations.  We will do this in addition to the Montessori education.  With Montessori they will get the academics they need to excel in mainstream school and with Waldorf they learn to think abstractly and imaginatively, which I think will enhance their life and creativity.  So many opportunities for them.  I'm excited to expose them. 

In one classroom they found a trumpet
BIG pig


One of 3 goats
The duck pond with natural stone benches
for an outdoor classroom


3 comments:

  1. Wow! That sounds like an INCREDIBLY amazing school! What an awesome resource! I can't wait to hear more about it. :)
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat Kristen! Haven't heard of such a thing but I'll be anxious to hear how it turns out. Have you decided if you're teaching at home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, We decided to continue with Montessori just two days a week for Paige, do Waldorf one day a week for both and I will supplement with the cirriculum at home for both. It's all just so expensive when you times it by two...so Hailey will start Montessori in January. Exposure and education is so important to us...gotta give them all we can. :) But I"m increadibly excited about he Waldorf school. It's an amazing place. She said the pond fills with toads in the Spring and not to be surprised when one turns up in your kiddos pocket at home...how fun is that?!

    ReplyDelete