Saturday, September 8, 2012

11 Years

Yesterday Brian and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary.  It was a really nice day.  Also, it was a Friday, which was the day of the week that we got married on too...so it was fun to kinda relive the day.  Brian worked from home so that that super nice too!  My mom came over to watch the girls and get them to bed while we went to a fun dinner at The Keg.  The wait staff there are superb and when they each asked us how many years they were amazed at 11 and were asking us for marriage wisdom.  Nice, but kind of sad too that folks ask for that even at 11 years these days.  We also got complimentary champagne!  Yummy!

I had our wedding photo album out because I posted some pics from it on Facebook yesterday.  The girls saw it tonight and wanted to look at it.  I showed it to them for their bedtime story tonight.  It got Paige's imagination sparked and she was telling me all the details of her wedding...."it was at the ocean, over a bridge, and her Dada was there and Nanny and Auntie and Uncle GUM.  Papa and Granny too."  Hailey had to make sure to tell that her mama would be there.  "They had a beautiful cake and lite candles.  There were boats..." oh the description went on and on.  Then she wanted to show me her wedding dress and they both went to the dress up bin to show me their pretty white wedding dresses and of course they needed a tiara too.  It was super cute. 

Who knows if they will decide to marry?  I hope they do.  For me it is wonderful.  Lots of daily work, but enjoyable, fun work.  It takes alot to keep a relationship going.  But the rewards are wonderful and I would love for them to experience that joy.  I told they they would have whatever wedding dress they wanted.  They could wear mine or Nanny's or Granny's (which by the way, I just recently saw Granny's wedding dress and it is gorgeous!).  But there is no pressure, I them want to pursue and live their life doing what is best for them.  But I am secretly excited to be with them as they plan their weddings and help in whatever way they want or need. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations you guys! Wishing you many, many more years!
    KP

    ReplyDelete