This Thanksgiving was spent at home. I prepared the day before by doing a punch of prep cooking which made the actual day much more enjoyable as I didn't have to spend it all in the kitchen. We allowed the girls to watch the
Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV. They both really liked it and it kept their attention. I could have done without some of the commercials, but it was a fun treat for them. I also kept up with our new tradition introduced last year of decorating gingerbread houses. I cheated a bit this year and bought the kit that had huge cookies. I will definitely buy the houses again next year. The flat dimension was not as much fun as the 3D. Dinner turned out great and I didn't overcook the turkey! My mom joined us after work and brought apple pie and yummy jello salad. It was a wonderful day.
 |
| Couch cushions on the floor to watch the parade. |
 |
| Paige doing her gingerbread |
 |
| Brian carving the turkey |
 |
| Nanny & Paige at the table. |
No comments:
Post a Comment