With Summer, has also come a bit more TV. I have included a show called
Dino Dan in their lineup to watch. They really like it. So I figured since we were home I'd take them to the
Arizona Natural History Museum. I was pretty impressed with all the specimens they had! It definitely shows what kind of dinosaurs roamed here in Arizona with some pretty spectacular bones. They girls really liked it. They were able to relate to the area where they had life size models of the dinosaurs with their skin on. I did a little pre activity with them the day before using the museums educational tools and they actually could apply what they learned the day before to what we saw at the museum. I really enjoy living in a large city so that we have close access to places like this. I hope their lives are richer.
 |
| Paige in front of a mammoth |
 |
| Life size models of dinosaurs |
 |
| Juvenile Tyrannosaurus. Not a Rex, but one that lived in AZ. |
 |
| Very cool fossil |
 |
| Dinosaur bird |
 |
| They also have an area where you can pan for real gold. |
 |
Another area where they highlight all the movies filmed in AZ.
They have a green screen where you are imposed on
the screen of some movies filmed here. |
No comments:
Post a Comment