Monday, June 16, 2014

Learning Time

Besides, tutoring, Cogmed and school, the girls have been doing learning time at home.  Great Summer, eh?  Paige is doing really well with tutoring.  She is getting the full gamete of language and is now demonstrating huge reading comprehension.  They give her phrases to put together from the following types, "What?" (noun), "Where" (prepositional) and another that I cannot remember right now.  But by building these phrases on her own she is gaining on her reading fluency and comprehension.  It's quite extraordinary.  I feel like she is getting an excellent foundation.  Yay!  At home we are working on penmanship and numbers.  The Handwriting Without Tears is really helping.  I'm really glad I learned about it and highly recommend it.  Numbers seem to come very naturally for both girls.  Hooray for that! 
Numbers using the Frozen themed packet I found online.  They loved it. 

First time writing their last name.  We are still practicing this one.

Playing Goldie Blox.  They loved it!

Paige's work from tutoring.  She is building real words here.

First day back to summer school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment