![]() |
| A tire from the space shuttle. |
Just a mom trying to keep memories of her two girls since "life with two girls" makes it difficult to get to the scrapbook...but I'm always at the computer.
Saturday, September 12, 2015
Challenger Space Center
I packed in lots for the last week of summer. We drove up to Peoria to check out the Challenger Space Center. The Challenger has special significance for me in that I was a 6th grade student assigned to have the Teacher in Space in my classroom. I remember doing lessons prior to the launch to prepare and I vividly remember sitting with my class in the school cafeteria watching the Challenger launch and then sadly explode. It is a day in history I will always remember. There is a huge mural of Christa McAuliffe at the Center which still left be a bit verklempt when I saw it. The girls thought the Center was pretty cool and enjoyed the mock space launch. They will get much more out of it when they are older.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment