Saturday, September 12, 2015

July 29, 2015

I can hardly believe my first born is 7 years old.  It really does feel like yesterday that I delivered her and was struggling in the hospital to feed her.  My, how things have changed.  Paige is growing into such an amazing person.  She is really fun to be around (when she not hungry or tired) because she sees and understands things in such a unique and different way.  Her beautiful mind is amazing and her imagination will go forever.  She loves the color teal right now.  She still loves to swim and really, really likes to paly computer games with her Dada (Mama has to really limit the screen time).  Her favorite part of school is recess, which warms my heart, because really that's what all 7 year olds should love about school.  She is kind to her sister, loves to play with her and always looks out for her.  She is learning about her own feelings and how to recognize them, however, she doesn't yet have the concept that other people might have feelings too, which sometimes makes her truthfulness hurtful to others, which is unintentional.  She is exceling in reading with the help of her tutoring and at a beginning second grade level.  Her fluency is beautiful and her comprehension at level.  Her math is developing and with practice she understands it.  I'm not sure we've totally found her sport yet, but we are exploring.  She really likes tumbling, which is really good for her to get extra energy out.  I think she finds cheer a bit challenging because of the recall needed to perform cheers as well and keeping track of left and right.  She does like tennis and seems to have the ability to perform it well with some good training and practice.  I think soccer is also an option for her still.  We've decided to keep swimming a fun recreational sport at home.  She's still a very picky eater but enjoys sugar and chocolate very much.  However I can usually get any kind of fruit in her at every meal.  Vegetables include carrots or broccoli.  Most of all, Paige is the most amazing artist.  She will sit for hours coloring and drawing.  She loooooves it.  I keep looking for occupations that involve art that provide a living wage, but they are few and far between. I would like to help guide her to one of them for her future.  Her fashion sense is quite different than mine in how she matches color or sees patterns put together, however, she does let me "help" in putting outfits together.  I know that once junior high and high school hit she will have her own style, but will be comfortable with it regardless of how non-mainstream it may be.  She's a joy to wake up to each day and take care of every minute.  I worry about her every other second, but try very hard to let her make decisions and lead her own life.  I am excited for her future, her seventh circle around the sun and being her mama during all of it.   

Paige's Well Check revealed a healthy growing girl.  We saw a new partner in the pediatric practice, but we will not be having her do another well check.  We'll stick with Dr Suhda for sure!
Weight:  49 pounds = 35%
Height:  48 inches = 50%
Blood Pressure:  109/69  (I fear she might have White Coat Syndrome like her Nanny.) 

As tradition has created she got a birthday donut and I had to decorate the house for her day. 




7:29am  (the time she was born)

She really liked the lemon cake this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment