Sunday, March 11, 2012

Wicked!

My very generous aunt bought my mom, herself and me awesome seats to go see the Broadway National Tour play of Wicked!.  It was such a fun night.  The play really is amazing from the sets which are steampunk, the costumes, also steampunk with a bit of whimsy and sparkle thrown in, the music and singing talent beautiful, great dancing, good acting and the writing is outstanding.  It's a really cool prequel to the Wizard of Oz and how the characters develop and come together in the end.  But what stood out to me most was that it was about two women and how they are able to become exactly what they want.  A rare thing to find in entertainment, even today.  I may find myself even reading the actual book one of these days.  After the show, the cast was accepting donations for the cause of HIV/AIDS and were collecting money in the lobby.  My aunt and I got our pic taken with one of the Flying Monkeys...who by the way are scary in the play too!  Thank you to my husband who stayed home to care for the girls while I got to attend. 

Me, my aunt and my mom in front of
the playbill sign
My aunt and me with a Flying Monkey

2 comments:

  1. How did you like the music? This is one that I haven't seen yet. So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The music was really good. But the story writing is was is really amazing. Comedy (GaLinda reminds me of how Paige will be as a teen), warmth, feelings and then it ALL comes together in the end. I recommend getting tixs when it comes to Austin.

    ReplyDelete