Sunday, July 29, 2012

1st Olympic Event

The 2012 Summer Olympic games kicked off on Friday night in London.  NBC is the station that is covering the games and they have develeped a really nice website that gives you times of events based on your location and cable provider.  I browsed through it the other night and picked some that we might enjoy watching.  The first today and the first game the girls watched was Equestrian Dressage.  I love this event.  I was able to practice it as a kid myself while taking English riding lessons.  I call it horse ballet.  The girls liked watching the horses too. 

As a side note, Paige was born four years ago this week while the Beijing Olympics were going on.  As a mother with a newborn and new to everything that went with it, I was able to watch most of the events live.  I saw Micheal Phelps win every medal that year LIVE.  Yes, there is a big time difference between Beijing China and Chandler Arizona.  UhUm. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the Olympics! I hope our kids don't mind it because I'm going against my TV rule for this one.

    ReplyDelete