Thursday, July 12, 2012

Paige's Birthday at School

We did Paige's birthday at school today despite it being very early because it was the last day of summer school and the regular school year doesn't start until August 1.  Her school celebrates her life and asks that we bring a poster about Paige.  We also can donate books to her classroom.  I put together her poster of pictures from just this year.  Last year I did her entire life, but I thought it might be repetitive so I just did this year.  Paige and Hailey both decorated the poster with stickers. I put a really pretty Waldorf Birthday verse on the poster that read: 

Above my head the stars do shine
Each star is like a flame,
And one is mine, the o'er me shone
When to this earth I came.
Upon this Earth my step is firm,
The stones are 'neath my feet
I see the birds and beasts and flowers,
And loving people great.
And every year the day returns
When my star shineth bright,
And I receive within my heart
The glory of its light.
~Waldorf Birthday Verse

We also donated books one called A Woolly Wombat & a counting book about Australian animals.  We gave these because they focus on Australia which was the theme of summer school. 

I didn't pick Paige up from school, my mom did, so I didn't get the whole story of how the day went, but Paige said she shared her poster, her verse and got to wear a special hat.  She sounded like she had fun. 

The Poster
Paige in front of her poster, holding
the books & wearing her special
birthday shirt for this year. 




1 comment:

  1. 4 years old!!!! Oh my, my, my....where did time go????

    ReplyDelete