Saturday, September 29, 2012

Michaelmas Play at Waldorf

On Friday, Waldorf acted out a Michaelmas play. I took the girls so they could watch. In the second grade the curriculum involved learning about the saints and heroes. The play included grades 1-4 performing with also the wind band playing. It was really fun. I'm so happy the girls are getting to experience this method of learning. This is a link to how Desert Marigold described the day.  I like the verse by Rudolf Steiner himself: 

Nature! Your soul of motherhood
I bear within the being of my will;
And this will’s fiery might
Steels my Spirit’s Impulses,
That self-awareness they beget,
To bear my Self in me.

Paige and Hailey waiting for the performance to start. 
I caught them not smiling!

Dressed in white with stars to show that Michael is present to save the village!

Holding their swords to slay the dragon

The dragon enters.  (30 feet long!)

Hooray!  The dragon is slayed.  The village saved. 

3 comments:

  1. Interesting. I had never heard of michaelmas before. It sounds like it was kind of secular with a dragon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I had never heard of michaelmas before. It sounds like it was kind of secular with a dragon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. I had never heard of michaelmas before. It sounds like it was kind of secular with a dragon?

    ReplyDelete