Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The First Week of Kinder

Paige's first week and half of Kindergarten has gone splendidly!  She is transitioning very well.  She walks right onto the playground with only a small hug goodbye.  Her work looks good too!  We skipped tutoring the first week, but she was right back at on Monday morning.  When she arrived at school at 10am after tutoring, Mrs Glennen said she transitioned very quietly into the classroom without disruption.  They read The Kissing Hand the first day and it appears they've done lessons related to it throughout the week.  I'm so proud of her. 
She said that she missed Hailey in her class and wished that she would go to kindergarten with her.  The second day she said she didn't have any friends, but he third day she said she made a new friend named Audrey.  She also complained that the boy next to her was too playful and distracted her.  I told her she could tell that to Mrs Glennen.  I think she did, because she was moved to a new seat next to our playgroup friend that we've known for years.  It's fun to have them sit right next to each other. 
When she gets home, we read a story on our bed and then they each go to their won rooms for some quiet time til 4pm.  Then she has been wanting to play with Hailey and color.  However, by 5pm, I see that they are running around the house.  So she must not be getting enough outside time or exercise at school.  Today I think we will get in the pool after quiet time.  She has also been a bit mean to Hailey and me around 5:30ish.  I think it's just because she's tired.  But she has been corrected. 
I'm really proud of her making the adjustment.  It's HUGE.  It's really big for Hailey and me too.  I definitely miss Paige in the day and I'm pretty sure Hailey is also.  I'm so happy to see her at pickup time.  I hope she feels the same. 

3 comments:

  1. Yay for Paige! So exciting for her and Ryan to be sitting next to each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have they not gotten any homework yet, or is there something different they are doing for Paige?

      Delete
  2. No homework yet. Whew! But, she will most likely have different assignments when it all gets worked out. :)

    ReplyDelete