Monday, April 4, 2011

Tinkerbell and Paige

This weekend we had two kid birthday parties to attend.  I only took Paige and Hailey stayed home with Dada.  One of the parties was Tinkerbell themed.  (Paige is really into Tinkerbell right now since the leprechauns brought her the movie on DVD.)   That party had a favor box that included gold coins, which we quickly called "pixie dust", rings, a compass, stickers, etc.  I put the "pixie dust" in a special bag that she has for dress up and the rings and compass in her purse that has all of her other dress up jewelry.  This morning as I was folding laundry Paige proceeded to put on all her jewelry by herself.  Here she is in her Tinkerbell jammies (which were a hand-me-down) very proud of herself for looking so pretty. 




She then decided to decorate the dresser in our room.  Very pretty. 




For the "pixie dust" I showed Paige the scene from the Disney cartoon Peter Pan that includes the song "We Can Fly" with Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, Wendy, John and Micheal.  We now pretend to sprinkle "pixie dust" on The Animals and they can fly too.  And tonight, she was playing with the compass and correlated it with one that is in her Tinkerbell book.  That was super exciting to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment