Thursday, August 16, 2012

Lesson Plans

For Paige's birthday we bought the North American Montessori Center's Homeschool Kit.  It's to supplement at home on the days she doesn't go to school and to get Hailey started before she actually attends.  We've formally been doing for about a week and informally for about 2 weeks.  Tomorrow I plan to do two of the Practical Skills lesson plans.  Hailey will do How to Butter Bread (but I'm using peanut butter instead) and Paige will do How to Peel a Carrot. The lesson plans are really, really nice.  They are spelled out word for word, step by step.  The kit will take them through age 6.  I'm excited.  It's a nice challenge for me, I get to spend more time with them, they love the structure and routine and we are saving a ton of money by not having to send them to school everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment