Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hailey's Official 1st Day of Montessori

Today was Hailey's first official day of Montessori school.  I got a bit verklempt as we turned onto the street of the school and then as I walked out the door of teh school.  I can hardly believe she's old enough to go to school.  But she was definitely ready.  She walked right in and sat on the circle. 

All week we had been discussing what to do at school if you need to go potty.  Paige had a rough time adjusting to the classroom and had many accidents when she first started.  But after I talked to Paige about what to do, she was fine.  I wanted to make sure that Hailey knew what to do (so much easier with the second child.)  When I went to pick them up, I saw that PAIGE was in her change of clothes!  Mrs Hart came to greet me and tell that Paige was so worried about Hailey having an accident that she herself forgot to go in time.  How sweet is that?! 

Both did great in class and Hailey was fine.  She did really well.  Both were tired when we got home, but fine. 

As for me...this was the first time in 4.5 years that I had 3 consecutive hours to myself.  I think I overdid it a bit because I'm TIRED!  I went to the park and walked for an hour.  Then to the craft store, then to Costco.  I think I'll jsut do my walk and then come home on Thursday.  Not used to being out that much.  HaHa. 


A bit of Waldorf came oout at Montessori today,
they were too busy watching the bees do thier
work in the bush to pose for the picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment