Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Making Valentines

Despite trying not to get sick, I got the girls started on putting together their Valentines.  We had painted the coffee filters back in January.  I then cut out the chickadees and bumblebees and glued the heart shaped painted coffee filters on them.  I ordered the stickers from Vistaprint, which I don't recommend.  Expensive and slow.  Hailey's chickadee read, "I hope your Valentines Day is really "tweet"!" and Paige's read, "'Bee' My Valentine."  The girls then added the glue and glitter. 
 
Then, I got the notice from school that each girl needed 45 Valentines!  I had planned for 30, and made 35 for "just in case."  Needless to say, I needed 20 more Valentines!  By that point, I was definitely sick.  So sick that I called my mom over to help take care of the girls, which I never do.  I had a horrible bronchitis, cough and flu.  Oh, it was horrendous.  All I wanted to do was sleep but couldn't because of the cough.  Anyway, my mom ended up having to finish the Valentines for us.  They did turn out cute. And I'm very thankful that my mom is really crafty too.   
 


Nanny finishing the Valentines


No comments:

Post a Comment