Just a mom trying to keep memories of her two girls since "life with two girls" makes it difficult to get to the scrapbook...but I'm always at the computer.
Thursday, September 1, 2011
Rated G?
Netflix has two new Disney movies...The Princess and the Frog and Tangled. I previewed Tangled before I let the girls watch it and realized it was not appropriate. It was scary in that the little girl was taken from her parents and was being raised by a vane woman who was using the girl's hair for her own youthful appearance. Ummm...no, I'm not going to let my little girl watch that. Scary! I turned it off 15 minutes into it. Then I had gotten Paige a puzzle that had some of the Disney Princesses on it and one of the princesses was Tiana from the Princess and the Frog. I thought I would give it a try. The beginning was great! Very wholesome and fun with great music. Then it turned to black magic and voodoo with scary looking goblins in several scenes. At one point I had to stand in front of Paige and do a little dance to divert her attention from the TV. Why do such great films have to be so scary? I suppose in all great writing there is a "bad person" to add to the plot and create a climax, but do children really need that as entertainment? I'm sticking with Sesame Street, Kipper and Caillou for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, darn, those are scary? I guess I remember that even "Snow White" and "Cinderella" had scary parts. Xander and I watched one of the new Tinkerbell movies and I think it was pretty good...I was impressed that she was kind of an engineer!
ReplyDelete