Just a mom trying to keep memories of her two girls since "life with two girls" makes it difficult to get to the scrapbook...but I'm always at the computer.
Friday, September 23, 2011
Stars
Now that the days are getting shorter, it is dusk when we get in the pool for an evening swim and dark by the time we get out. The girls and I were star gazing the other night while swimming and Hailey loved it. Tonight we were out having dinner on the patio and Hailey kept pointing to the sky. I realized that she wanted to look for stars. I took her out to show her that they weren't out yet because it wasn't dark. Then when we got in the pool she immediately looked up at the sky for stars. So we again star gazed. She seems to really like it. Brian has the SkyView app on his phone that tracks the stars using GPS and the compass and camera (called augmented reality) to identify the stars in the sky when you point the phone towards them. It's pretty fun. I think it's cool that Hailey likes the stars. Perhaps she will be an astronaut or an astronomer? I hope the later because this mama would be a nervous wreck during each of her space missions. It's looking like her name fits her (when I was a kid a science camp I got to see Halley's Comet...I always liked the name. She will be 51 years old when it returns and I, 87. Oy.) Will there be a Hailey's Universe or Hailey's Planet? Whatever she does for a profession, I just want her to be happy and to be able to support herself. But in the meantime, it's fun to predict.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment