Thursday, September 1, 2011

Reading

Bedtime has consisted of a story and milk since Paige was about six weeks old.  It's the same every night.  I remember her barely getting through one board book before she was asleep.  In the last week I've started a chapter book with her that has pictures on about every other page.  It's a Disney Fairies book entitled The Trouble with Tink.  She falls asleep about 3/4 of the way through a chapter, but it is keeping her attention.  We talk about it in the day about where we left off and how fun it will be to know what happens next.  She even asks to sleep with it and carries it around with her.  So I think she's enjoying it.  However, I wonder if she's missing the learning aspects of the picture board books?  I still read her those at nap/quiet time so she is getting exposure.  I just don't want to rush her...she LOVES books and reading and would never want to hinder that passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment