This week marked the end of The Oprah Winfrey Show. I was a latch key kid growing up and being on the west coast her show usually came on a 3pm in time for me to get home from school. I remember watching her show and always feeling inspired. I'm sure she has had a role in developing the person I am today. As an adult I would watch it when I could and had the time and always enjoyed it and left feeling more informed, inspired or heartfelt. I think of her as someone who used her show as an outlet to provide information, especially to women. I don't have a specific show that I can reflect on, but as a young girl, I remember her saying that being a mother is the toughest yet most important job in the world. Back then, I remember thinking oh that doesn't apply to me, I won't have kids, but today, as one of the most fortunate women in the world of two healthy girls I cannot agree & relate more. I'm a bit sad they won't grow up with the Oprah Show, but hope her new network, OWN, has shows that specifically inspire women and young girls. Thanks Oprah for 25 years!
No comments:
Post a Comment