I was all ready to post asking for advice about potty training. But this weekend turned out to be an accident free one for The Bumble Bee. Tonight she even went to get on the big toilet by herself several times with no reminders. Yay! I don't want to jinx it by saying we may be breaking through and she won't get kicked out of preschool, but I think we are almost there. Still haven't done the public restroom lesson yet, so any advice on that is appreciated.
(I did scour all the paperwork for preschool and it says "potty trained or in the late stages of potty training" for the class I put her in. Whew! She'll be fine.)
Yay, Paige!
ReplyDeleteOn the public toilets, Xander seems to be almost excited about it seeing new toilets. It's like a new place to explore. The key things he is most concerned about are the loudness and the automatic flushing. He now asks if it is automatic or not. I try to cover it up so it won't go off with him on it. I also warn him when to cover his ears for a flush.
I noticed that if there are other kids in the restroom it makes him even MORE motivated to go. So, maybe try a kid friendly place with a restroom as a first...like a restroom at an indoor playground or something?
Thanks ALT! We went to the bookstore today and used the public restroom. She did great! You're right...she did not like the loud flush and the automatic towel dispenser freaked her a little too, but I'm so happy that she did it! Your suggestions were very helpful.
ReplyDelete