Monday, August 8, 2011

1st day back

Paige started her Fall Semester of preschool last Thursday.  We had been telling her that she will have a new teacher, Mrs. Hamilton, but she wasn't fully convinced about the change.  She still said she wanted Mrs. Hawley.  I took her on Wednesday for a meet the teacher time and it went just OK.  Wednesday was the first day back for all students so the class was a bit hectic and I didn't have a feel of total control by Mrs. Hamilton. 

Paige was moderately excited to go on Thursday.  She goes in the afternoon now from 12:30-3pm.  I think this will be nice so we don't have to rush so much in the morning, however, she is definitely fresher in the morning.  She did have an accident at school, which hasn't happened at school or at home since her first day of school this summer.  I was bothered by the fact that Paige does have a change of clothes at school, yet she was put in borrowed clothes.  I also had that strange feeling of non-control by Mrs. Hamilton when I dropped off and picked up Paige.  I don't want to be the crazy, controlling mom so I'm giving Mrs. Hamilton more time to get things organized and control of the class and students.  It appeared that several boys were having a hard time adjusting and were hanging on her each time I was there.  But if I don't see an improvement, I'll ask for Paige to be put back in Mrs. Hawley's class.   I'll just put it back on Paige that I think she needs to be in the younger class (2 1/2-3 1/2 years) for now.  That way I'm not the crazed mom towards the teacher. 


No comments:

Post a Comment