Monday, August 15, 2011

Swimming Update

I've heard it said that if you do something every day you will probably be very good at it.  Well, I believe it's true in this case.  Since swim lessons in early July the girls have become awesome swimmers.  Paige is completely on her own now.  She jumps from the high point of the deck into the deep end of the pool by herself and pops right back up, dives in with Brian, and swims multiple times across the pool by herself.  It really is amazing.  Hailey is jumping in from the side, walks around in the shallow end and goes under but pops right back up with a smile, bobs up and down, steps off the steps to swim on her own to me.  I still catch her when she does that, but probably just because it scares me, not her.  Like I said, they swim at least an hour every day so get tons of practice, so of course they are getting good, in this mom's opinion.  Perhaps they will be on the swim team when they get older?  It will be interesting to track.  We have a couple more months of swim time left before the water turns cold...maybe I need to get them in another more advanced swim lesson before the season ends? 
This is them heading out the door today to the pool.


No comments:

Post a Comment