
Just a mom trying to keep memories of her two girls since "life with two girls" makes it difficult to get to the scrapbook...but I'm always at the computer.
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Crib tent
It's up. Yes, we put a crib tent on Paige's crib because she's been climbing out. I'm working on getting her potty trained and most of the information I have read suggests that you should not do two major changes at once (ie potty training and new bed training). So to buy some time, we put a crib tent on her bed. We had been talking about it for about a week telling her it would be a special tent on her bed like a princess. Then Brian and I put it on together with her in the room. She wanted in it before we even had it together! She played and jumped and demanded it be zipped up. When nap time came, she was a little uneasy about it, but went right to sleep. This has not happened for about a week. She had been climbing out at least three times before finally settling in. Bed time went the same. She really needs sleep too right now, I can tell she's been about two hours short of sleep due to the climbing out and us wrangling her back in because she's been grouchy. The information we have read also suggests keeping them in a crib until they turn 3 years old. I think if Paige is potty trained before then, we will start converting her bed to not having the front rail then to a double bed with the head and foot rails from the crib. Wish me luck on the potty training...so far so good.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ooo...what a nice princess bed! Is it hard to get on and off? We've been looking at bed tents for Xander, more for fun than practical purposes. I can't find one that I like though...wish I had some kind of sewing skill.
ReplyDeleteIt was easy to assemble once I had my engineer husband figure it out. I just couldn't figure out how to get the darn poles in. I knew how to do the rest.
ReplyDeleteHave you tried the Leaps & Bounds catalog? They are pricey, but have stuff like that. I hear they are great for travel too.