Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Reading?

We have been reading to Paige since day one, as we have Hailey.  Bedtime always consists of bath, milk and story.  We have several of the Sandra Boynton books.  Most of her books have a particular rhythm that is pretty easy to pick up as you read.  If two words rhyme I tend to repeat them to Paige and she says them back to me.  "Boat, Goat.", "Moo, Two" and so on.  Today, as I was reading Barnyard Dance, I would pause at certain parts of the verses and she would repeat what was written next, word for word.  She did the same with Pajama Time.  From what I understand these are very early signs of reading.  I suppose these hours of snuggle, cuddle, story time have paid off.  Every minute is worth it.  Pure, uninterrupted, quiet, sweet, precious time.

No comments:

Post a Comment