I'm a schedule mom. I know there are moms out there who have no schedule and make it work. But that's just not me...I'm too much of a planner. I like it that way. My girls have never had a meltdown in a store, they go to bed with no fuss, they are pretty happy throughout the day becuase they know what to expect each day. I'm pretty sure I would have a meltdown too if they had one in a store. Anyway, here's our usual routine (it's not to the minute or even hour sometimes but it works):
- 7-8am Wake
- Wave good-bye to Dada
- Play animals
- Breakfast 9am while watching either Seseme Street or Curious George
- 10am Nap for Hailey
- Play or Errands (We sometimes have a class through the City that we attend)
- 12 noon lunch and Hailey usually wakes up form morning nap
- Play
- 2-3 Nap for both girls
- 5pm Wake for Dada's arrival home
- 6-7pm Dinner
- Play especially with Dada
- 7:30pm Bath
- 7:30-8:30pm Story, Milk and Bed
Hailey is still waking between 11-12pm and then again between 2-3am. A bit of sleep training has started now that she's feeling better, but I can't let her cry for long. However, I have found that she falls back to sleep within the 5 minutes that I allow myself to let her cry. Hopefully, she will start sleeping through soon.
Also, today, I started looking at schedules that preschools use. I think I may get a
weather and calendar station to hang and do that with them in the morning time too. Paige has also been exhibiting interest in painting, I think I need to get an easal and paint for outside. This will be great in the Spring and Summer. Just trying to find new things to do with them to stimulate thier growing minds.
I'm not fan of planning, and would prefer to avoid it. That said, I'm pretty sure it is a necessity for surviving as a parent (or teacher) of young children. So, we do it, too.
ReplyDelete