Just a mom trying to keep memories of her two girls since "life with two girls" makes it difficult to get to the scrapbook...but I'm always at the computer.
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Housekeeper? Yes!
Brain had been suggesting for the last month that we get a housekeeper. However, I'd been balking at the idea because I thought, hey, I'm going to be a SAHM, things have to get better and I'll have more time to do it. Well, today it was confirmed, we NEED a housekeeper. Here's the play out: Hailey has a bit of diarrhea today, so I had out the amazing prescription diaper rash cream the pediatrician prescribed a while back. Hailey likes to grab things on her changing table so I put it on the night stand. I then moved to on to cleaning the girls bathroom. You know, scour the tub and clean the toilet. Yes, things we all do. Well, without my knowing, Paige went in and got a hold of of the diaper cream. I then went to nurse Hailey and put her down for a nap. Brian was busy talking on the phone to him mom and all of a sudden he came up the stairs carrying Paige who was slathered in diaper cream. It was not only on her, but all over her rocking chair and ottoman as well as some of her "animals." (Did they have diaper rash too?!) So as I'm finishing up feeding Hailey and putting her down , Brain is bathing Paige to get all of this cream off. Then I run downstairs to find the phone number for poison control to make sure it's not harmful as I'm sure she swallowed it too. Luckily it's not, it's not absorbed orally but may act as a laxative. Great! The stuff I use to clear up the diaper rash can create it too! Good times. So anyway, as a result of me trying to clean the bathroom, the two year old could have been poisoned! Yes, we need a housekeeper with these two girls, I clearly cannot have my attention diverted for one moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh Gee, what a mess! A housekeeper sounds awesome. How will you find a good one? I'm almost there...if I knew how to find a good one, I would have hired one already.
ReplyDeleteI'm using Care.com. I used them to find our nanny...got good results. Hope this one works too.
ReplyDelete