Tuesday, March 29, 2011

1st Haircut

Because my aunt is here I had an opportunity to take Paige to get her 1st haircut without Hailey.  My aunt stayed home to care for her while Paige and I went to this adorable kids hair cut shop called Snip Its.  We got there a little after they opened at 10am, so we only had about a 15 minute wait.  (By the time we left, the wait was 25 minutes!).  Paige had fun playing in the waiting area and getting to know all the characters that they have  for the "experience."  The scissor's name is "Snips." 









She did great getting into the chair, but still took the lollipop that was offered.  Miss Chelsea was so nice and helped me to understand how Paige's hair is growing in that the sides of girls hair tends to grow slower than the back.  She only trimmed up the ends a bit since Paige had so much length, doing this will help to the sides catch up with back.  I decided not to give Paige bangs, I'd really like for it to be all one length eventually.  But we'll see how long we can do that.  I can see how bangs would be much easier. 
The shop had a TV with a Snip It's animated cartoon for her to watch while she cut her hair.  That really helped! 





At the end, they have a little machine where Paige could put in card and receive a toy.  She got a plastic ring.  Also with the 1st Haircut package we got a picture taken with a frame, a certificate and a lock of hair saved.  This was well worth the extra cost to have a successful first cut. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Paige! I can't believe how long her hair is in these pics.

    ReplyDelete