Friday, March 25, 2011

Party Canceled :(

I had mentioned that Paige wasn't eating earlier this week.  There was a reason...she's sick with some sort of cold.  However subsequently, Hailey is now sick with it too.  I took both to the pediatrician today just to rule out anything more serious.  Nope, just a cold and low grade fevers for both. 

BUT, the total disappointing, total bummer deal of the whole sickness is that we had to cancel Hailey's 1st Birthday Party that was planned for tomorrow.  We had fancy invitations sent, a bounce house rented, food, cake, party hats, party favors, a huge banner...THE WORKS!...all organized.  With all the the neighbors, close friends and family attending.  My aunt even made a special trip from the CA coast.  It was going to be a great event.  But in consideration of all those kiddos coming over, we decided to not share our germs (since we find it completely inconsiderate when other people do that to us) and cancel the party.  All those invited were really bummed too.  It was a butterfly themed party for out little 1 year old Chick-A-Dee. 

Despite having a fever today, she still managed to eat fairly well (she nursed a whole bunch today and I'm exhausted) and wear a smile with a silly hat tonight at dinner. 



I will still go get her fancy cake tomorrow and we will have that and dinner with just family.  But darn it!  I really wanted her first birthday to have a party.  My Hailey girl...I did plan it for you...but those darn germies won again.  So sorry my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment