Then I took them in the wagon to deliver all the party favors to the neighbors since they didn't get to come to the party.

I hung Hailey's birthday banner.

This is me with Paige under her banner on Paige's 1st birthday
My mom and aunt came back over for dinner, which they actually made and Brain BBQd halibut and steak. Very good. Paige even ate some halibut...I was thrilled!
Here's Hailey's cake. White cake with buttercream frosting. It even had little sparkles in the frosting. It was delicious!
This is Paige with her first birthday cake.
Hailey eating her cake. Do you notice her plate is empty! She is such a good eater.
Our next door neighbors, the White's, came over with their son who is only two days younger then Paige for cake and cocktails. Jackson and Paige have such fun together.
In all, it turned out to be a GREAT day! On a personal note (as though this blog is not personal!) I saw the ending to an episode of one of my favorite TV shows tonight, Little House on the Prairie. The episode was called, "Be My Friend." The ending narration of Laura reflecting on caring for a child touched me,"...for I knew what it was like to love a babe." Only a mother can know what is it like to love a baby. I love mine so much it aches sometimes. They are so valuable and precious to me. For them, I am grateful.



What a shame you had to cancel the party. The alternate party looks pretty cool too. That's a beautiful cake!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how much Paige and Hailey look alike. Jackson had a great time at Hailey's bday party and he carried around his party favors all day on Sunday. On another note, "Little House" was my favorite tv show when I was little girl.
ReplyDelete