Friday, May 27, 2011

Crib Rail --- Off

Last night we removed the crib tent and Paige did great staying in her bed.  Then she had a 4 hour nap today.  (I made sure to really wear her out with swimming this morning.)  The rule is that if you get out of your bed you have to stay in your room.  She was very good about it.  She stayed in her bed all night last night and then did climb out after nap today, but stayed in her room.  We have a video monitor so I could see what was going on.

Tonight we removed the front rail of her crib.  She seemed super excited.  Hailey even joined in on the fun.  My mom had saved my sheets from when I was a kid with a twin bed so I let her pick between pink flowers or Garfield (which she just knows as a cat, she doesn't know the Garfield character yet.)  She clearly choose Garfield or "the cat."  The Garfield sheets were a gift to me from my own grandmother.  I showed her how to lay in her bed with the covers on (she's only just had a blanket in her bed for about the last year or so).  She snuggled under the sheet and blanket just fine and we read her bedtime story in bed.  I again reminded her of the rule.  We'll see how tonight goes!  So far, so good.  But I'm headed to bed now myself, just in case it turns out to be a long night or early morning. 









1 comment:

  1. Yay, Paige! That is so sweet that she can use your sheets.

    ReplyDelete