She will go potty (pee) when asked to sit on the potty and she will go and do it by herself without being asked. There are so many times I go in after tending to Hailey and the potty is full. We call the potty "The Duck" since it looks like a duck (the girl's bathroom is duck themed, so I went with it) and it has a sensor that plays music when it she goes. It's really cute. She is in panties all day and only in a diaper at nap and bedtime.
However, she still hasn't done poop on The Duck yet. We have accidents in the "pretty panties" with the poop. But we clean it up and move on.
We have been talking about St. Patrick's day and the fact that leprechauns come and create mischeif in the house. But we added a twist...they also come and take the diapers. So if you ask Paige what the leprechauns do, she will say, "They come and take the diapers." I'm serious about this too...they WILL come and take the diapers. No safety nets during wake times...panties only. We have 10 days to practice. Personally, I'm scared about going places, but advice from a friend who has trained two of her own, was that she just took The Duck with them when they went places. They went potty before leaving, then in the back of the car before going in whereever they were going and then again as soon as they came out. I hope it works! If not, we'll just clean it up and move on.
Paige also desperately wants to have a "big bed" so tonight when I put her to bed I told her that the crib tent and the rail would come off when she starts going potty and poop in the toilet regularly. She seemed very excited about that prospect, so maybe, just maybe, tomorrow we will have success. So many bribes!
Yay for Paige doing so well with the potty. I think she has the potty (pee) part down, it's just the poop part that needs practice.

Yay Paige. We're struggling w/ #2 also.
ReplyDelete