My mom and I planned to go shopping at midnight for Black Friday deals, however we had a freak ten minute rain storm around 10:30pm which left everything wet and damp. With the lower temperatures, us desert dwellers didn't want to venture out. So we went to bed and decided to go deal hunting today. We took Paige with us. I wasn't sure how the "event" would go with her in tow. She did AWESOME! We shopped for about an hour and she both rode in the stroller and walked a bit. Always staying close or holding our hands while out of the stroller. Then when we got in line she snuggled in her stroller with a blanket, her snugglie and her pacifier and laid there like a Super Star! I brought some books along and some snacks too. She waited in line for another hour! I was so proud of her. Her great, great grandmother who was a master shopper would be proud. I know she made her Nanny proud too. (Oh, and yes, I got some great deals! Had a 15% off coupon and a $10 off coupon on all sale items. The wait WAS WORTH it.)
PS...It's called Black Friday because in theory it's when retailers go from the "Red" in profits to the "Black" in profits for the year (which is accounting lingo)...despite what some idiots in line were "theorizing" for the label. UGH!
Fwiw....I no longer drive in rain if I don't absolutely HAVE to either! And if I do have to or I get caught in the rain I drive about half the speed limit lol!
ReplyDeleteKP