Just a mom trying to keep memories of her two girls since "life with two girls" makes it difficult to get to the scrapbook...but I'm always at the computer.
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Screaming vs Whining
The 19-24 month stage has it's challenges. It seems that both of them at this age are learning to talk and doing well at it, but get so frustrated when they can't express in words what they want or need. We try to ask them to show us, which usually helps. But when all avenues of communication fail, they react. With Paige it was with whining. Luckily Brian's mom was here when it first started and she, using her teacher skills and experienced mom skills, told Paige to use her words. Which really helped. With Hailey, when communication fails, she screams. I try to tell her to use her words, which helps, but, oy, screaming. So we have a whiner and a screamer. Makes for a frazzled mom some days. As much as I love having babies and would love another, I'm glad they are growing and learning to talk and do things for themselves. It makes things much easier for everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment