Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

I was too busy being a mom in the moment yesterday and did not get any pictures.  The day started with baking Halloween cookies while watching "It's a Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown."  I need to remember that shows that I watched as a kid are really not that family friendly for my standards of today.  Lot's of Blockheads" from Lucy, much being mean to Charlie Brown and many, many political innuendos.  The girls lost interest quickly, luckily.  (My favorite show this year was Barney's Halloween Carnival.  Adorable and both really liked that, so much it held their attention for the whole hour.)  After cookie baking it was nap and lunch time.  Paige played in her new sandbox and then it was time to get dressed in costume to Trick or Treat at Dada's office.  Dada does not work in any ordinary office.  There are about 400 people on his floor and almost every cubicle had candy.  We had to stop probably 1/3 of the way through because their bags were full.  They both had a great time and Paige really got the concept of saying "Trick or Treat" to get candy.  Hailey followed along and imitated what Paige did very well. 

For the evening we had a block party on our cul-de-sac and my aunt also came.  Unfortunately Nanny had to work.  My aunt helped to get the girls dressed to protect their knees.  They both had flower dresses (Paige a Sunflower and Hailey a Rose) so they needed pants on under.  I was busy getting food ready to take to the party and Paige desperately wanted to go Trick or Treating with the neighbor kids.  Brian and I were both busy with food and Hailey, so my aunt took Paige with the kids.  She said Paige did so well saying, "Trick or Treat" and of course saying, "Thank you."  Makes me proud!  We had practiced.  Amazing that what I say sometimes really does sink in.  I'm glad my aunt got to take her out for her first official door to door treating, but I'm sad I missed it.  After Trick or Treating, all the neighbor kids played and ran around the circle while the adults talked and consumed some beverages.  It was a great night.

2 comments:

  1. Paige...what a good girl saying thank you! Dolphin took Xander. I'm embarrassed to say that Xander repeated pushed all of the other kids aside to get to the front. I suck as a parent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa. He sounds like a man who knows what he wants. :) You are an awesome parent!

    ReplyDelete