Friday, November 25, 2011

Gingerbread Houses

I had this idea that putting together gingerbread houses would be a good project for the girls on Thanksgiving day.  I got a great deal on a kit at a craft store and started to put it together on the night before Thanksgiving.  Upon unwrapping the box I was scared about what I had gotten myself into. 
However, once I figured it out, it was easy to put the houses together.  I left them undecorated for the girls to do the next day.

 
My mom came over in the morning the next day and helped Paige decorate a few while Hailey napped.  After Hailey got up, the two of them finished.  It was a great craft and one that I would definitely do again.  We delivered the houses to our neighbors and told them how thankful we were to have them.  (However, I made sure to stipulate that they NOT eat them...as there were some extra touches and maybe a few licks while decorating.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment